26 Mar Go nuts with coconuts!
Coconuts have a growing list of supporters including scientists such as Mike Foale (retired CSIRO scientist and honorary research fellow at the University of QLD) who has been studying the coconut palm for more than four decades and believes coconut is a superfood.
“There is both scientific and anecdotal evidence of great health benefits including increased energy, weight loss, natural antibiotic activity, cholesterol reduction and insulin stabilization”.
Here are some benefits of coconuts – just to list a few:
- Contains a unique combination of fatty acids with powerful medicinal properties.
- Increases your energy expenditure and suppresses your appetite.
- The lauric acid in coconut oil can kill bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- Protects hair against heat damage, moisturizes skin and functions as a sunscreen.
- Improve blood cholesterol levels and may lower your risk of heart disease.