06 Jul PLASTIC-FREE JULY
The transition to plastic-free can seem to be a challenge or even a hassle, but with growing awareness of the effect of waste on the environment, it’s time to ditch plastic and choose reusable substitutes. This month we celebrate the first Plastic-Free July, challenging us to “Choose to Reuse”. Excitingly, there is a huge range of reusable products available in Australia – perfect for work, travel or to take out and about on the weekend!
Here is a list of some products that are both practical and plastic free.
- Reusable Cup: Disposable coffee cups are lined with plastic that doesn’t break down in landfill. Australians are using up to 1 billion of these per year. Luckily, brands such as Frank Green have designed functional and sustainable reusable cups that are perfect to keep by your desk or take on the go. You’ll find many cafes are offering 50c off when you BYO cup (winning!).
- Stainless Steel Lunch Box: Replace plastic wrappers, bags and lunch boxes with reusable stainless steel lunch boxes from Biome, who offer a wide range of products in different shapes, sizes and prices.
- Reusable Drink Bottle: There are a number of options for reusable drink bottles. Brands such as S’well have engineered insulated drink bottles that can keep your drinks hot or cold for up to 24hrs – a travel necessity.
- Reusable Bag: For less than $20 you can find multiple options for fold up reusable shopping bags that take up minimal space in your luggage but are perfect when you arrive at your destination and are heading out to the shops.
OUT AND ABOUT ON THE WEEKEND
- Reusable Bowl: Reusable bowls can be an easy way of avoiding plastic if you’re heading out to the markets or grabbing take away. Choose 2 Reuse have designed all natural coconut bowls that are light and easy to carry with you.
- Reusable Straw: A number of brands have designed stainless steel or bamboo straws that are easy to take out and about to avoid using plastic straws. Choose 2 Reuse bamboo straws are 100% reusable and non-toxic.